Jasper Visser is an international consultant and facilitator specialized in digital transformation and community leadership in cultural and civic organizations. He helps organizations (re)connect with their audience, develop strategies for the digital age, and facilitates community and co-creation processes. Jasper is a senior partner at the consultancy boutique VISSCH+STAM.
Jasper has a background in educational design and community-driven development. He started his career as an independent consultant and designer of (educational) programs and projects for organizations such as the World Bank and the UNDP, as well as NGOs and social initiatives. In 2009 Jasper joined the National Museum of History of the Netherlands as project manager new technologies and media. Recently, Jasper has worked internationally on strategy development and audience engagement projects for a wide range of clients including the European Parliament, the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions, the National Arts Centre of Canada and Philips.
Jasper developed the method Quantum Culture and the game Cards for Culture together with Erik Schilp. He co-developed the Digital Engagement Framework, is associated lecturer at the Reinwardt Academy and expert advisor for various projects.
On The Museum of the Future Jasper writes about museums and culture in times of technological and social change.
Photo by Dmitry Smirnov / Strelka Institute
- The Museum as a Center for Social Innovation – Jasper Visser, AASLH History News, Volume 72 #1 (2017)
- The Museum of the Future: Selected blogposts about museums in times of social and technological change – Jasper Visser (2017)
- Misschien is het museum van de toekomst wel een buurthuis – Jasper Visser (interview), De Correspondent (November 2014)
- Strategies for a heritage revival in the digital age – Jasper Visser, Companion to European Heritage Revivals, Springer International Publishing, pp. 73-93 (2014)
- The future of museums is about attitude – Jasper Visser, Sharing is Caring Anthology, pp.212-220 (2014)
- Perspectives on digital engagement with culture and heritage – Jasper Visser, AASLH History News, Volume 68 #3, (2013)
- Digital engagement in culture, heritage and the arts. (free e-book, 2013)
Selected toolkits, games, and other downloads
- Quantum Culture Workbook: A practical method for strategy development in the age of open source culture.
- Cards for Culture: Playful strategy development for culture. One hundred high-impact cards to strengthen and future-proof your institution.
- Digital Engagement Framework: Develop the strategies, processes, and technologies to structurally engage your audience to maximize your co-created value.
- Cards Against Creativity: Start a conversation about creativity in your organisation and develop new ideas for projects, exhibitions, performances, etc.
- Consumer Journey Boardgame (sold out, download source files): Dominate media channels, convince consumers, always be closing and crush the competition.
- Creative Museum Project (external toolkit): Make connections between cultural institutions and creative communities with best practices, toolkits, and strategies for success.
Please contact Jasper if you want to organize a workshop based on any of these products, or if you want to develop a toolkit or game for your own organization or project.