MuseumNext, Europe’s biggest conference on innovation in museums, is just over 2 months away (12-14 May, Amsterdam). This year you’ll have the opportunity to join the many great speakers on stage in a high-energy and inspirational Ignite session! I’ll be curating the session (with some help) and would love to start collecting your suggestions.
If you’re coming to Amsterdam, please take this opportunity to share your story with an audience of enthusiastic peers. Sign up using the Google form.
Rules of the game
- You’ll need a MuseumNext badge to get in. Register now!
- An Ignite talk is 20 slides, 15 seconds per slide, auto advance. That’s 5 minutes to share your story. Watch some examples to see how this goes.
- I will reserve some spots for different format presentations (video, personal story) as long as they are under 5 minutes long.
- Selling from the stage is OK, as long as you sell fresh ideas, new insights, funny anecdotes, indecent proposals or anything else that is of genuine value to the audience. Project or product presentations preferably zoom in on a noteworthy detail.
- Your presentation will be run from a central computer that has Powerpoint and keynote installed.
- Deadline for submissions: 14 April, 2013.
- I’ll let you know before 21 April, 2013 if you’re in.
I have fond memories of every Ignite session I’ve been part of and made many friends because of them. If you want, we can do a test run prior to the conference (as long as it’s in Amsterdam:-) ).
Please share this message with your friends. See you in May!
Photo by Mari Ce on Flickr.
Some great Museum Ignite Talks (share your favs in the comments):
What could be an alternative location for your museum? Next Post:
Museums, the aspirational 14% and brand identity